WFR RECERTIFICATION Course Information
February 10-11, 2018
WFR Recertification Course with DLP (distance learning component):
We had very favorable response from the WFR Recertification DLP course. The distance learning component of the course means you review the material at your own pace so that everyone is ready for the course. Alsothat everyone has one less day of class because you come to the class more prepared to enter the practical session. For more information see the DLP student booklet listed below. Another benefit of this course is that the course is two days rather than three days which fits into a weekend.
WMTC certifications remain valid for a maximum of three years with no grace period: Check the expiration date on your card.
Graduates from other wilderness medicine providers may recertify with us by successfully completing a Recertification course or by completing a Wilderness First Aid course and passing our online WFR & WEMT Recertification test if they are currently certified OR in their grace period and their course meets the following requirements: WFR courses from other providers must be a minimum of 70 hours and their curriculum approved by our office. Click here for a list of currently approved providers.
About the DLP learning process?
- You can access the course web page for the DLP course to find out more information on the process. You will be sent an online password for access to study information after you register for the course.
- You will receive online access to the test.com webpage January 2, 2018. If you register after this date then test access will be emailed out on Mondays.
- We recommend that you take the test online to assess and focus your studies. Then you can study the online materials and your handbook before taking the test up to five times.
- Pass the test by midnight on Sunday, February 4, 2018. If you have any problems please contact Justin (see contact information to the right).
Syllabus, Registration and Cost
Registration rate $275 by January 1, 2017 and $325 after
Registration rate $225 by January 1, 2017 and $275 after
WFR Recertification Course Registration
Course Dates, Times, and Location
- Arrive in the area Friday, February 9 unless you live close enough to drive in.
- Location: University of Puget Sound Campus
- Thompson Hall room 171
- Course starts by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 10, 2018
- You can park in the nearby parking lot at North 14th and Union Street
Projected Daily Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. with a lunch break
- 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Evening session for CPR and Obstructed Airways
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. with a lunch break.
Necessary Personal Equipment
- Cuttable clothing for scenarios
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 long sleeved shirts
- 2 pair of long pants
- a pair of heavy socks
- Students must wear underwear or swimsuit and jog bras for women.
- DO NOT short this list! ALL the listed clothing IS REQUIRED for effective practice during simulations and labs. Clothing can usually be purchased cheaply through Goodwill, Salvation Army, local thrift store, church, yard sale or secondhand stores. Ask clerk for rejects and throw-aways).
- Warm clothing for daily outside simulations: rain gear - top & bottoms, fleece jackets, long underwear - top and bottoms, waterproof hiking boots, warm hat, gloves, water bottle, headlamp, daypack. If you have older clothes bring thstrong. You may have fake blood, mud, dirt, sand ground into any of the clothes you wear.
- Writing utensils and notebook
- Food will not be provided as a part of the course.
- The campus food service will be open during the entire course for continental breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also Diversions Cafe will be open for coffee and tea.
- Do not plan on having enough time to go off-campus for lunch unless there is long mid-afternoon break scheduled.
- We do not provide lodging for course participants. Students who are living on campus will be able to live on campus.
The course takes place on the Puget Sound campus with scenarios in the woods and lawns around campus.
In Thompson Hall 171 (#45 on the campus map Maps & Directions to the West side of Campus). You can park in the parkinglot for free at N. 14th Street and Union Avenue.