Summer is an ideal time to pursue further study, clinical experience, and/or *research. Below are programs that would be a good fit for students with pre-health interests. (Visit the HPA research webpage to learn more about summer research opportunities.)
Students are encouraged to contact each program directly to identify potential programmatic changes due to COVID-19 restrictions.
*Indicates a program intended for students who identify as disadvantaged, minoritized, underserved, and/or underrepresented.
- *Summer Scholars Program @ Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Courier Program (8-week service learning program focused on providing care in rural and underserved communities in Appalachia)
- Gateways to the Laboratory Summer Program @ Weill Cornell Medicine
- Science Enrichment Preparation Program @ University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- *Allied Health Career Exploration at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- *Summer Academic Enrichment Program at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Summer Enrichment and Pipeline Programs To find pre-med summer programs in a specific state, search this list from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
- National Summer Opportunities for Pre-Health Students Check out this updated list of opportunities for a variety of health care fields from the National Association for Advisors of the Health Professions (NAAHP).
- *Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) at the University of Washington as well as 12 other institutions across the U.S.
- Health Careers Connection Internship
- Summer Programs at the National Institutes of Health which includes the Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research, Biomedical Engineering Summer Internship Program, and the Summer Genetics Institute.
- *Premedical Urban Leaders Summer Enrichment Program (PULSE) at Cooper Medical School
- *Health Professions Advanced Summer Scholars Program (Health PASS) at Des Moines University
- *UCLA Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Enrichment Program
- Summer in Biomedical Sciences (SIBS) and *Preparation for Graduate and Medical Education (PARAdiGM) at the University of Alabama
- Summer Pharmacy Institute at UIC College of Pharmacy
- International Service Learning
- Academy for Research, Clinical, and Health Equity (ARCHES) Fellowship at George Washington University