We welcome visitors to Puget Sound and invite (and expect) them to take photos or video of our picturesque campus for personal use.
Often community members and area photographers/videographers—both amateur and professional—wish to utilize campus in their work. In all cases we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Schedule in advance. If you or your photographer would like to use the Puget Sound campus as one of your locations, please contact email@example.com at least 10 days in advance of your desired date. Please provide the date, time, and preferred campus location at that time.
- Identify yourself and show photo ID if approached and requested by a campus safety officer or university official.
- Do not interrupt or disrupt the normal business of the college, including scheduled events, activities, and conferences.
- Refrain from blocking access to buildings, stairways, or sidewalks.
- You may not photograph University of Puget Sound students, faculty, or staff without prior written consent.
- Using drones on the University of Puget Sound campus is not allowed.
- Keep to public areas. Much of campus is open to the public, but access to some areas is restricted for the safety of campus members and our guests. For example, the Residence Halls and the area around the president's house, at the corner of N. 18th Street and Union Avenue, are off-limits. If you are unsure which areas are restricted, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- Do not move furniture or equipment, or alter campus landscaping.
Anyone taking pictures or video of Puget Sound students or faculty/staff members, campus grounds or buildings, or university property, including vehicles and equipment, without prior authorization, or who refuses to provide photo identification when asked, will be instructed to cease photographing/recording immediately and asked to leave campus.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, contact email@example.com.