The Faculty Bylaws establish the duties of the Curriculum Committee as the following:
- To apply the educational philosophy and ideals of the University to the undergraduate and graduate curricula offered.
- To recommend the degrees to be offered by the University and the specific requirements for those degrees.
- To examine proposals for the addition, deletion, or modification of credit or non-credit courses offered through the University.
- To establish the specific dates for the academic calendar of the University.
- To review plans for study for interdisciplinary majors not under an established program.
- To review the curriculum of each department, school, or program at least once every five years.
- To review proposals for new majors, minors, and programs.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the Core components and initiate reviews of the Core.
- Such other duties as may be assigned to it.