A small pool of funds is provided to support faculty travel to professional meetings to present papers describing innovations in teaching or other results of their pedagogical activities. The following information is also available in the Conference Participation: Pedagogy Guidelines.
Deadline: Applications are due by May 15
A small pool of funds is provided to support faculty travel to professional meetings to present papers describing innovations in teaching or other results of their pedagogical activities. Such meetings must be devoted to developments in pedagogy or have special sessions devoted to pedagogy.
Eligibility, funding guidelines and criteria are essentially the same as for regular Conference Participation support, except that there is no funding for faculty serving a discussant function only. Faculty who receive a conference participation travel grant are not eligible for a pedagogy grant except insofar as money remains on May 15 to fund second trips.
Apply here at least two weeks prior to date of travel.
The following should be included in the initial request for conference participation funds:
- a completed Conference Participation Travel Funding Request form;
- an abstract or copy of the paper or other scholarly work to be presented;
- verification of the paper's acceptance. The Committee may approve a conference participation grant on the basis of the first two requirements subject to receipt of the official acceptance of the paper.
- Foreign Travel Waiver, if applicable.
Applications for first trips are acted upon in the order received, and they must be received by May 15 for consideration in the current fiscal year. Funding of second trips occurs on May 16 if any funds remain in the travel pool.
Grant recipients shall provide the following reports to the University Enrichment Committee, in care of Dean of Faculty Affairs Julie Christoph, Jones 106 or CMB 1020, within thirty days after the conference:
- Reasonable evidence of his/her participation at the conference, such as a copy of the final conference program or a copy of the paper/scholarly work.
- A completed Reimbursement Request form available at the UEC Expense and Reimbursement Information webpage. Attach original invoices and receipts for all expenses.
If applicable, please complete these additional forms and upload them with your application.
- Foreign Travel Waiver - if your research involves travel outside of the United States
- Special Travel Waiver- if your travel includes countries on the Department of State's Travel Warning List or the Centers for Disease Control's Travel Health Warning List
- Reimbursement Request Form