Eligibility for Puget Sound scholarships and grants is limited by the following policies:
- Puget Sound scholarships and grants are awarded for the entire academic year and will be divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. Scholarships and grants cannot be applied to summer enrollment.
- Puget Sound academic scholarships, Puget Sound Grant, Puget Sound Scholarship, and Puget Sound Opportunity Grant are available for up to 10 semesters. Named scholarships are available for 8 semesters. A semester of eligibility is counted if any portion of the award is used.
- Puget Sound scholarships and grants require that you be enrolled each semester as a full-time student for at least three (3.0) academic units per semester, and/or paying the full-time undergraduate tuition rate.
- Puget Sound scholarships and grants may only be applied towards the cost of Puget Sound tuition. If you receive other scholarships, grants, stipends, tuition remission or tuition exchange assistance designated to be used only for tuition and the sum of these awards exceed the cost of tuition, your scholarship or grant will be reduced or withdrawn until the amount of your tuition designed scholarship dollars equal the amount of tuition.
Puget Sound scholarships and grants are available for use on study abroad programs to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Students who complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and demonstrate financial need may use, in conjunction with federal and state aid, their Puget Sound scholarships and grants up to their level of financial need.
- Students who do not complete the FAFSA or demonstrate financial need are not eligible for Puget Sound scholarships during their semester abroad.
Please consult with Student Financial Services to determine the amount of your Puget Sound scholarships and grants that will be available for study abroad.