Registration & Payments
Community Music Department Registration
Students may register for classes online, in person, by mail, or by phone at 253.879.3575. For private lessons, contact us by phone, in person or complete an online inquiry using this link.
Tuition is billed by the term and is due at the beginning of each term. Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. Checks may be made payable to University of Puget Sound.
There is an annual, nonrefundable fee of $10 for each student at the time of initial registration for all classes and private lessons. Thereafter, the annual fee will be charged at the beginning of fall term each year.
Need-based financial aid is available for all Community Music programs. Please contact our office to receive registration forms or to request a financial aid application.
- Tuition and class fees are payable in full at the beginning of each term.
- There will be no lesson credit and no refund of tuition or fees for student absences. If a student is unable to attend a scheduled lesson, the lesson time is forfeited and the instructor is under no obligation to reschedule the lesson or provide a make-up lesson.
- If a lesson is cancelled by an instructor, every effort will be made to reschedule the cancelled lesson for another time during the same term. If this is not possible, the student account will be credited for the amount of tuition related to the cancelled lesson(s). Account credits may be applied to lessons or classes in the term immediately following the term in which the credit occurred, or a refund of the credit balance may be requested. Refunds must be requested no later than 60 days after the end of the term during which the credit occurred. Any credit balance not requested within 60 days or not applied to classes/lessons in the term immediately following will be forfeited.
- In the case of group classes, tuition will be refunded only if registration is cancelled prior to the start of the first class session. There is no refund for withdrawal after the start of classes. In the case of withdrawal from private lessons, tuition will be refunded for unused lessons. In either case, the rules stated above for refund of credit balances apply.
- Any payment for tuition or class fees not received when due will be subject to a $50 late fee. If at any time an account falls 60 days past due, both the account and and responsible party's private personal information will be turned over to a collection agency. If this occurs, the responsible party will be required to reimburse University of Puget Sound all costs associated with collection efforts, in addition to other amounts due.
- Absences & Termination
Students who miss two consecutive lessons will be automatically terminated unless they indicate their intention to continue. Students are obligated to pay for the lessons they missed prior to being terminated. Out of courtesy, please notify instructor in advance of the absence.