February 19th, 2016, Students and Faculty made their way to Anaheim, California to present Research Data at the Combined Sections Meeting for APTA!
Faculty Research Platform Presentation:
- Treadmill Protocols Across Ages and Stages: A Fresh Look at Dosage.
Julia Looper, Kristie Bjornson, Katrin Mattern-Baxter, Noelle Moreau
Faculty Research Poster Presentation:
- Normative Values for the Sensory Organization Test in the Military Population.
Holly Roberts, Yadira Del Toro, Karen Lambert, Carrie Hoppes
Student Research Poster Presentations:
- Arm Positioning and Walking Style of Children During First 5 Months of Independent Walking.
Lauren Poole, Katrina Brett, Alison Gunselman, Bernadette Schrempf. Mentor: Dr. Julia Looper
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) on The Tibialis Anterior Muscle and the Effects on Strength and Gait Mechanics on Stroke Patients: A Systematic Review.
Katherine Chan, Rachel Milhem, Casey Hampton. Mentor: Dr. Robert Boyles
- Nonoperative Management of Cervical Sopndylotic Myelopethy: A Systemic Reivew.
Ian Andersson, Anna Dembek. Mentor: Robert Boyles
- Salutogenesis: Implications for Maintaining a Psychologically Informed Physical Therapy Practice.
Maximillian Gorchels, Thomas Molyneux-Elliot, Christina Phillips. Mentor: Dr. Danny McMillian
- Effectiveness of Desensitization Therapy for Individuals with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: A systematic review.
Olivia Verberne, Kira Donnelly, Lauryn Helmers. Mentor: Roger Allen
- Effectiveness of Low Intensity Pulsed Ultrasound (LIPUS) on Soft Tissue Healing: A systematic review.
Sean Field-Eaton, Neil Verberne, Kendall Gielow. Mentor: Roger Allen