I will conduct myself in a way that promotes the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff who come to our campus to teach, learn, work, reside, and thrive.
- Recognizing that I am both a member of the university community and the community in which I live and/or work, I will maintain public health recommended behaviors when off campus.
- I will complete any daily screening requirements required by Puget Sound prior to engaging in activities on campus and I will adhere to the directions and permissions provided through the screening process.
- When on campus, I will follow Puget Sound’s requirements to use facial coverings (masks) in all public places. I have read and will follow the requirements of Puget Sound’s policies for being on campus in this COVID-19 environment:
- I am aware that protocols may evolve as the science and understanding of COVID-19 evolves. I will monitor university communication regarding COVID-19 and respond appropriately.
- I will follow Puget Sound's COVID-19-related protocols, including reporting to a designated person (supervisor, department head or program director) or Counseling, Health and Wellness Services:
- if I am exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19,
- if I develop symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19, or
- if I test positive for COVID-19.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19, I will participate and cooperate fully with contact tracing efforts and directives by the Pierce County Health Department, my local health department or similar organization, and the university, as applicable.
- During this time of great uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I will treat students, faculty, and staff with the respect every human being deserves.
I commit to taking these actions to reduce the disruption and impacts of COVID-19 wherever I am, and to actively contribute to a healthier future for the Puget Sound community.