Documentation Needs

Below is a list of information and items both you and your student should have access to in case a situation arises while he/she is studying abroad. A majority of this information and items should be kept in a safe place that no one else has access to.

Contact information for:

  • your son/daughter, if housing has been assigned
  • the on-site Resident Director or Program Director.
  • home office of your student's program, including the 24-hour emergency number
  • Puget Sound Study Abroad Office & Security Services number
  • son/daughter’s doctor's office
  • Embassy or Consulate location nearest your son/daughter’s study abroad location
  • U.S. State Department Office of Overseas Citizen Services
  • Insurance policy numbers and how to submit claims

  • Son/daughter’s credit card numbers

  • Son/daughter’s passport number

  • Duplicate lost passport kit containing:

    1. two passport photos

    2. official copy of his/ her birth certificate

    3. photocopy of passport’s photo, signature, and visa pages (if applicable)

  • Arrival and departure dates of program, including any planned excursions.

* Adapted from CIEE Study Abroad