Below is a list of information and items both you and your student should have access to in case a situation arises while he/she is studying abroad. A majority of this information and items should be kept in a safe place that no one else has access to.
Contact information for:
- your son/daughter, if housing has been assigned
- the on-site Resident Director or Program Director.
- home office of your student's program, including the 24-hour emergency number
- Puget Sound Study Abroad Office & Security Services number
- son/daughter’s doctor's office
- Embassy or Consulate location nearest your son/daughter’s study abroad location
- U.S. State Department Office of Overseas Citizen Services
Insurance policy numbers and how to submit claims
Son/daughter’s credit card numbers
Son/daughter’s passport number
Duplicate lost passport kit containing:
two passport photos
official copy of his/ her birth certificate
photocopy of passport’s photo, signature, and visa pages (if applicable)
Arrival and departure dates of program, including any planned excursions.
* Adapted from CIEE Study Abroad