Have you been counting down the days until graduation or the end of the semester? We have as well! In order for everyone to get home in a safe, timely manner we need you to actively consider each of your decisions and the following points over the next two weeks.
- COVID-19 transmission is common between roommates, housemates, and individuals in physically intimate relationships.
- High-risk situations for transmission of COVID-19 also include travelling, going to parties and small gatherings, being indoors without masks, riding in a car with others, and eating or drinking around others.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate on campus for 10 days in the on-campus isolation hall. Your departure from campus will be delayed.
- Close contacts to a positive case are required to quarantine for 14 days in the on-campus quarantine hall. Your departure from campus will be delayed.
- Close contacts are people who are within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes, masked or unmasked.
- Students who are fully vaccinated and two weeks post-second vaccine dose will not be required to quarantine.
- Wear your mask indoors and outdoors while on campus!
- Avoid travel during Reading Period.
- Follow social distancing guidelines: Remain six feet apart and outdoors when possible
- Submit documentation (jpg or pdf) of your COVID-19 vaccination to the CHWS portal as soon as possible.
- Get vaccinated! CHWS will be hosting another Johnson & Johnson vaccine event on Wednesday, May 5, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sign up for an appointment here.
We want to ensure that everyone can participate in their end-of-semester events and leave on time for the summer, but we cannot do this without your adherence to masking and social distancing guidelines. Please continue to make responsible decisions so we can all finish the semester off strong!
Kelly K. Brown, Ph.D. | Director
Counseling, Health, and Wellness Services.