Kara KlepingerWHO can go? / WHERE can I go?

HOW do I apply? / HOW MUCH does it cost?

Student Identities

Gender & Study Abroad  Heritage Students

 LGBT & Study Abroad  Race & Study Abroad

 Religion & Study Abroad  Students with Disabilities

Study Abroad News

Don't forget to check out our Events and Interest Meetings!

When and where should I go?

Puget Sound recognizes the importance of intercultural understanding in liberal education and has selected study abroad programs to meet degree requirements. Only matriculated students at the University of Puget Sound are eligible to participate in Puget Sound study abroad programs. Typically, students study abroad during their junior year. In some cases a student might be approved to study during the second semester of their sophomore year. The list of programs approved for credit transfer provides information about location, duration, sponsor. Detailed information about individual programs is available in the Office of International Programs or linked to program sponsor's websites on the list of programs.

Choosing the program that best fits your academic and personal goals and is offered at the appropriate time in your schedule is also a journey. Reviewing the program websites, talking to past participants of study abroad and reading program evaluations available in the International Programs library will provide you with information to make your decision.

Can programs be added to the list of programs approved for the transfer of credit?

Yes. Faculty and students can propose the addition of a new program site to the list of study abroad programs by discussing their program of choice with the Director of International Programs and completing the Petition to Add a Program. To meet the application deadline for all 2014-15 abroad programs the proposal to add a new program must be completed no later than October 1, 2014.