The Audition Application is linked at the bottom of this page when it becomes available. Please read through this information to make sure you know about the audition process and requirements at Puget Sound.
Do I Need to Audition?
In addition to your Puget Sound application, an entrance audition is required for:
- acceptance to a music major
- scholarship consideration, regardless of major
A completed music scholarship/major audition application consists of the following:
- This completed form (link below available in late fall)
- A completed audition on-campus, or at regional locations in Denver, San Francisco, or Los Angeles. If you cannot make those dates or live more than 200 miles from an audition location, find out more about submitting recorded auditions.
- Prospective Music majors only: One letter of recommendation from your private teacher or conductor, submitted using our online recommendation form, and a resume of your music experience (presented at your audition). The music recommendation is separate from recommendations submitted for your Puget Sound application, which requires at least one recommendation from an academic teacher.
- Recommended for all applicants: a resume of your music experience presented at your audition.
It is important to note that we do not accept the arts supplement on the Common Application. The audition and accompanying materials replace the arts supplement.
Early Decision Students and Transfer Students
Please see important information for Early Decision students and for Transfer students.
When to Submit This Form
The Audition Application is due by November 15 for Early Decision 1 applicants, January 1 for Early Decision 2 applicants and those wishing to audition in Denver, and January 15 for all other applicants.
- Recorded auditions: Audition must be submitted electronically by February 1 (December 1 for Early Decision 1 applicants, January 20 for Early Decision 2 applicants).
- Alternate date auditions: For special circumstances and Early Decision applicants only, if you are not able to attend the on-campus audition dates, please contact the music admission coordinator to schedule an audition on a different date (not all dates available). Do not submit the form below until your audition is scheduled.
- Auditioning on two instruments? Please complete the Audition Application twice (once for each instrument). This also applies if you are planning to complete a jazz and classical audition on the same instrument.
- Recorded auditioners receive confirmations on a rolling basis, upon processing of audition material.
- If you do not receive your audition confirmation, please check your junk mail folder.
On Campus: February 5 and February 20, 2016
Los Angeles: TBA
San Francisco: January 30 (evening) & 31 (day), 2016
Students who are admitted to Puget Sound are notified of acceptance to the major and/or receipt of a scholarship at the time they are notified of admission to the college.
Percussion and Organ Auditions
Due to limitations of available equipment, we are unable to provide any percussion equipment or an organ in our regional audition locations in Denver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Both will be available on campus. If you are unable to audition on campus, please contact email@example.com and submit a video-recorded audition.
Please contact our music admission coordinator with any questions about application procedures.
The audition application will become available November 1. Please contact the Music Admission Coordinator if you have questions.