Do I Need to Audition?
In addition to your Puget Sound application, an entrance audition is required for:
- acceptance to a music major
- scholarship consideration, regardless of major
A completed music scholarship/major audition application consists of the following:
- This completed form (below)
- A completed audition on-campus, or at regional locations in Denver, Honolulu, and San Francisco. If you cannot make those dates or live more than 200 miles from an audition location, find out more about submitting recorded auditions.
- Prospective Music majors only: One letter of recommendation from your private teacher or conductor, submitted using our online recommendation form, and a resume of your music experience (presented at your audition).
- Recommended for all applicants: a resume of your music experience presented at your audition.
It is important to note that we do not accept the arts supplement on the Common Application. The audition and accompanying materials replace the arts supplement.
Early Decision Students and Transfer Students
When to Submit This Form
The audition season is a busy time for students and families. Our aim is to help the process be as smooth and rewarding as possible. Be sure and visit the Important Dates and Deadlines page.
- We are not currently accepting Auditions Applications. Please email email@example.com if you are interested and/or have questions.
- Recorded auditions (for those more than 200 miles away from an audition location): Audition must be submitted electronically.
- Alternate date auditions: For special circumstances only, if you are not able to attend the on-campus audition dates, please contact the music admission coordinator to schedule an audition on a different date (not all dates available). Do not submit the form below until your audition is scheduled.
- Auditions will be scheduled by the music admission coordinator. You will receive confirmation of your audition time two weeks before your scheduled audition date.
- Recorded auditionees receive confirmations on a rolling basis, upon processing of audition material.
- If you do not receive your audition confirmation by two weeks before your audition date, please check your SPAM folder.
On Campus: February 1 and February 7, 2014
Denver: January 19, 2014
San Francisco: January 25 (evening) and 26, 2014
Southern California: TBD
Students who are admitted to Puget Sound via regular decision application are notified of acceptance to the major and/or receipt of a scholarship at the time they are notified of admission to the college.
Percussion and Organ Auditions
Due to limitations of available equipment, we are unable to provide any percussion equipment or an organ in our regional audition locations in Denver, San Francisco, and Honolulu. Both will be available for the on campus audition dates. If you are unable to audition on campus, please submit a video-recorded audition.
Please contact our music admission coordinator with any questions about application procedures.