Online Instrument Schedule
Puget Sound users can schedule all instruments at the Science Core Facility during normal business hours and after hours. However, researchers must be properly trained by the core technician before working independently with any of the laboratory instrumentation.
The Science Core Facility Technician is available 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday - Friday, or by appointment.
Puget Sound Users
Scheduling for instruments is done using the online calendar on a first-come, first-served basis.
To sign up or reserve an instrument:
- Click on the link below for the instrument you'd like to reserve.
- Log on information is the same username and password you use for your Puget Sound webmail. If you have trouble logging in, try using your full Puget Sound email address as the username.
- Hover your mouse over the date you'd like to reserve time for and click Add then enter your information in the booking window.
- Booking information must include the user's name, their faculty adviser, class or institution, and the requested start and end time.
- In the Description box, please include your contact information (email and phone number) and whether or not you need training.
- If you are signing up to be trained, you will receive a confirmation email from the Science Core Facility Technician.
Outside users must contact the Science Core Facility Technician for training and to schedule use of the instruments. For more information on available equipment see our Outside Users page.
Hitachi S3400N VP SEM
Nikon D-Eclipse C1 Confocal
LI-COR Odyssey Fc
Nikon Microphot FX
AmScope SM-4B Dissecting
BioRad CFX96 Real-Time qPCR and GenePix Microarry Scanner**
**Currently the qPCR and Microarray Scanner are run by the same computer. Both instruments can be used at the same time, unless a user is using it for analysis purposes.