- about 25-35 lbs, medium to large dog size
- carnivore, dental formula 3-1-4-2/3-1-4-3
- Coyotes eat small to medium size animals, also fruits and insects
- Their canines are long for grabbing, holding and killing small animals
- Coyotes are common in wooded and wild areas within cities and throughout the country side in North America, usually nocturnal in cities
- In a wild place, try squeaking by sucking on your finger and remain quiet and don’t move. If there are coyotes around they will come to investigate what they think is a small animal in distress. If you see a long-haired dog with a bushy tail, it is most likely a coyote.