Project Management Office
The Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the methodology and management of Technology Services (TS) projects, business process analysis, and business solutions architecture. The primary goal of the PMO is to achieve benefits from standardizing and following project management policies, processes, and methods.
PMO Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Puget Sound administrative departments in support of their technology needs, including consulting on the technology impact of new or changing business requirements, developing budgets and projects in conjunction with the department’s budgeting process, and providing innovative ideas based on TS technology capabilities to support business operations.
- Assist with Puget Sound’s hardware and software upgrade and replacement lifecycle which includes working with hardware and software implementation teams to deliver new or enhanced technology on-time, on-budget, and at the appropriate quality level. It also includes developing business and functional requirements and scoping. The director of the PMO is expected to leverage standard methodologies including as-is and to-be process models, use cases, stories, data flow diagrams, mock-ups, and traceability tables.
- Serve as the project manager and/or sponsor on a variety of small, medium, and large initiatives by initiating, planning, prioritizing, scheduling, estimating, costing, risk analysis/management, and tracking and oversight.
- Manage client expectations and collaborate with the client to acquire needed information and direction on projects.
- Assist in vendor relations for externally-developed software and commercially-purchased solutions. This includes vendor selection, relationship management, and operational management.
- Lead the overall planning and portfolio management activities for Puget Sound information technology. This will include yearly and semester planning in coordination with the CIO and associate vice president for technology services and periodic operational planning for TS work teams.
- In pursuit of these objectives, foster strong partnerships with senior department managers to ensure that relationships and communications with TS remain strong.
- Serves as a member of the senior TS leadership team to improve the overall quality of processes, functions, and tools within the organization.
- Oversee TS communication efforts.
- Other projects and duties as requested by the CIO and associate vice president for technology services.
Project Management Office Staff
Travis Nation - Deputy CIO, Enterprise Information Services/Network and Server Systems, PMO Director, and Project Manager for Optimize Puget Sound
Alexis Greenwood - TS Business Analyst
M.K. Smith - TS Communications Manager