About Staff Senate
The purpose of this organization shall be to conduct activities on behalf of the University of Puget Sound staff, to enhance the campus environment, and to recognize the staff as an integral part of the university. To fulfill this purpose, the Staff Senate shall:
- Provide a medium for communication between and among staff members;
- Serve as a means of communication and liaison between staff, faculty, students and administration;
- Provide information and recommendations to the decision-making bodies of the university; and
- Serve as a vehicle for implementation and communication of university policies and procedures.
Latest Staff Senate Updates
Puget Sound Staff Recognition Luncheon – May 24, 2013
April 22, 2013 9:47 AM
All Puget Sound Staff are invited to a luncheon celebrating Puget Sound staff
Friday, May 24, 2013, at 11:30 a.m.
Remember to wear your Logger gear!
Please bring a non-perishable food or monetary donation to support the Emergency Food Network
For questions or accessibility information, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.3369
Staff Senate Raffle!
April 19, 2013 10:10 AM
The Staff Senate is holding their annual gift basket raffle this Thursday, April 25 and Friday, April 26 on the first floor of the Wheelock Student Center from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Proceeds from the raffle benefit the Rosa Beth Gibson Book Scholarship. Many of the gift baskets are currently on display in the cases outside the Bookstore entrance on the first floor of Wheelock. Raffle tickets will be $1.00 each – please bring cash!
Rosa Beth Gibson Book Scholarship
April 19, 2013 10:09 AM
The University of Puget Sound Staff Senate will award book scholarships to staff members, spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children working toward a degree or completion of a program at any level, to include graduate work. The applicant may be attending Puget Sound or another university, college or vocational school either full or part time.
Selections will be made based upon the following:
- Written essay about educational goals and progress
- Academic performance
- Extra-curricular activities/community service
Award amounts will be made based on the number of applicants and funds available.