Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The mission of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is to assure that all research and activities at the University of Puget Sound involving live vertebrate animals is conducted in accord with the highest scientific, humane, and ethical principles.
To fulfill its mission, the IACUC will meet the following goals:
- Review Puget Sound's program for humane care and use of animals at least once every six months;
- Inspect all animal facilities at Puget Sound at least once every six months;
- Report on the above evaluations to the Academic Vice President;
- Review any concerns regarding the care and use of animals at Puget Sound;
- Make written recommendation to the Academic Vice President regarding any aspect of Puget Sound's animal program, facilities, or personnel training; and
- Review protocols for activities related to the care and use of animals at Puget Sound.
2012-2013 Committee Members
- Alyce DeMarais, Biology (chair)
- Dr. Eric Dudley, DVM, community representative
- Jane Kenyon, Corporation and Foundation Relations
- Michal Morrison-Kerr, Biology
- Siddharth Ramakrishnan, Biology/Neuroscience
- Alexa Tullis, Biology
Contact: Alyce DeMarais, Department of Biology, CMB 1088; (253) 879-3117.