- Seek refuge under a desk, table, or other substantial furniture or fixtures.
- Stay away from windows and items that could fall from overhead.
- Do not exit buildings until the shaking stops.
- Proceed quickly to the nearest safe exit.
- Go directly to the designated Emergency Gathering Area and wait for directions from the Emergency Response Team.
- Be prepared for aftershocks.
- Meet with others in the designated Emergency Gathering Area and wait for directions from the Emergency Response Team.
- Do not re-enter buildings until authorized to do so.
- Avoid downed power lines.
- If in a vehicle, stay inside and stop at the nearest safe location, away from power lines. The field house and tennis annex may be used on a temporary basis to provide food and shelter, if necessary.