Kittredge Art Complex

Kittredge Hall was the original student union building when it was constructed in 1941.  It is named after John M. Kittredge, whose daughter, Grace Kittredge, left a cash bequest to the university to be used for the erection of a building "helpful to young people."  Today Kittredge is the fine arts academic hall; it houses two public art galleries.