Why connect with alumni?
Because you have Puget Sound in common, you have a natural connection...alumni have been where you are, and they're often interested in where you're headed. Take every opportunity to network with and learn from Puget Sound alumni.
Alumni can be your best resource for exploring career options, and for getting an insiders' perspective on various industries and organizations.
Read Alumni Interviews
Puget Sound alumni pursue a wide range of careers. Learn about different career paths through these alumni spotlights.
Attend Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Night:
• Make contacts with professionals in a wide variety of careers.
• Hear what others have done with their liberal arts education.
• Seek advice from alumni about classes, jobs, grad school, transitioning from college, etc.
Check the CES Calendar of Events for other opportunities to connect with alumni. ~If alumni are attending a campus event, get involved!
Join Puget Sound's ASK Network LinkedIn Group*
• The group is new, but already, over 500 alumni have joined to support students' career development!
• Peruse job titles to get ideas about potential career fields.
• See an alum that piques your interest? Reach out for an informational interview using the tips below.
*ASK is a subgroup of Puget Sound's Alumni Association LinkedIn group. To join ASK, start by becoming a member of the Alumni Association group (use your pugetsound.edu address in LinkedIn for quickest access) and then join ASK.
Get Tips: Professional networking online
LinkedIn has been called "Facebook for professionals." But professional networking sites like LinkedIn expect members to interact—no surprise—with a sense of professionalism. Use these tips to navigate interactions on LinkedIn and other professional networking sites.