If you would like to meet with staff from Student Activities, drop by the office during office hours or email us. Cyndy would be happy to schedule you an appointment.
Director of Student Activities
Assistant Director of Student Activities for Outdoor Programs
Serni can facilitate the following general or specific workshops or topics for your club, organization, hall, or team:
- Is Tacoma Boring, or is it Me? - Finding and knowing the resources of the city of Tacoma.
- Special Events Resources - Using What You've Got - Creatively using the who, what, and where of creating celebrations. A popular conference session, an interactive brainstorm about event design and presentation.
- For Lack of a Horse, the War was Lost: Reading Riders and Knowing Your "Techs" Books - Addresses the necessity and the role of tech for even the simplest presentations.
- Publicizing to a BIG Audience: Media Buys Made Simple - Addresses the balance and effectiveness of radio vs. print vs. TV ads.
- Elvis Has Left the Building - What to do AFTER the event is over can make your next event easier to do.
- Concert Production for Non-Profits: A Primer - The basics of concert production for fundraisers.
- Comedy and Campuses - Giving Mirth Worth - Information on booking comics.
- Presenting Lecturers on Campus - Basics of the lecture industry.
- Jazz: Art Form or Entertainment? The Business Backstage - Addresses the marketing of jazz.
- Country Concerts on Campus - Basics of new and traditional country music on campus.
- Events and Risk Management 101
- Trust Me, I'm the Agent - The industry and the novice campus buyer.
- Cancellations - A Survival Guide - About dealing with unfortunate situations and avoiding them.
- Integrating Diversity Into Your Year - Presentations about UPS's theme years to other campuses.
- What You Hear is What You Get - A session about different types of sound systems and how to shop for the right sound company.
- Making Contracts Work for You - Fashioning a contract that is good for both sides.