Members of the Puget Sound community may be required to participate in asymptomatic COVID-19 testing throughout the summer.
Testing Protocols and Instructions
Unvaccinated students, faculty members, and staff members are required to complete a daily online COVID-19 health self-screening before coming to campus, or for those living on campus, before leaving their campus residence. Those who identify as having symptoms of COVID-19 will not be cleared to be on campus (or if already on campus, to engage in campus activities), and will be referred for medical evaluation.
All students, including vaccinated students, must check in at CHWS and complete arrival testing. Students can email Danielle Bus, R.N. at email@example.com to set up check-in for arrival testing as needed, or come to CHWS Tuesday–Thursday, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Unvaccinated students who live on campus should test twice a week.
- Unvaccinated students who work on campus or attend in-person classes should test once per week.
- Vaccinated students do not need to participate in weekly testing throughout the summer after completion of arrival testing.
- People who develop COVID-19 symptoms should contact the MultiCare Respiratory Clinic at 253.792.6931 for testing.
Faculty and staff members who have submitted proof of vaccination:
- Do not need to participate in the university's asymptomatic testing program
- Do not need to complete daily online COVID-19 health self-screening
Faculty and staff members who are unvaccinated or who have not submitted proof of vaccination:
- Must continue to participate in the university's asymptomatic testing program
- Must continue to complete daily online COVID-19 health self-screening
Test Kit Distribution and Sample Collection
Student testing and faculty/staff test kit pickup and drop-off will take place in the Counseling, Health, and Wellness Services (CHWS) office.
Please collect your sample prior to dropping it off at CHWS. Do not produce your sample in the hallway outside of CHWS. Completed tests should be placed in the drop box outside the CHWS office. Please ensure that your sample is inside the baggie, and the baggie is clearly labeled with your name and ID number. If you do not have a puget Sound ID number, you may use your 10-digit phone number instead. Samples should be clear and water-like in consistency. Remember not to eat, drink, chew gum, smoke, or brush your teeth 30 minutes prior to collecting your sample.
The CHWS office is located on the second floor of Wheelock Student Center. Test kits should be picked up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Tuesday–Thursday. Completed samples may be dropped off anytime Wheelock Student Center is open and will be shipped on the next shipping day.
Due to decreased testing volumes over the summer, completed tests are shipped to the lab on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3 p.m. Tests received on other days will be shipped out at the earliest possible day.
Pooled-testing results are sent weekly by text and email.
More information about how pooled testing works, and how to produce a sample can be found on the COVID-19 testing instruction webpage. Please contact Danielle Bus firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253.879.2796 for additional information, or drop by CHWS during open office hours with questions, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Tuesdays–Thursdays.