Student Research Involving Human Participants

Will your research involve human participation of any type – for example, participation in experiments, interviews, or survey completion? If yes, you must provide IRB documentation. Visit the Institutional Review Board page for more information.

Student Research Involving Nonhuman Vertebrate Animals

Will your research involve the use of nonhuman vertebrate animals? If yes, please complete the Student Project Animal Use Protocol prior to the start of your research.

Student Research or Travel Outside of the United States

If your research involves travel outside the United States, contact the Director of International Programs at 253.879.2515 to make an appointment to receive instructions concerning all documents that must be completed as part of the research or travel grant application. Students should be aware that the University of Puget Sound does not support travel to countries with high safety and health risks. For further details please review the Travel Abroad Policy for High Risk Areas.

A Student Travel Waiver (i.e., Waiver, Release, and Indemnification Agreement for University of Puget Sound Student Foreign Travel) should be submitted with completed application by all students planning to travel outside the United States.

Tax Implications of Awards

All student awards described on this page – Research Awards, Travel Awards, and Summer Research Awards - have various tax implications about which you should be aware. It is important for you to visit the Office of Finance website to learn more.