Conversation, Coffee, & Connections
In the midst of the busyness and stress of life in college (whatever your role here), you’re invited to BREATHE. Slow down. Chat. Tell a story. Set intentions for the month ahead. Think about the heavy stuff that’s going on in your life. Here are a few ways to do this…
- Taking Time – On the first Monday of most months, we’ll be holding an intentional secular/spiritual/pluralist space for folks to come, center themselves, name concerns from the last month in a place of care and community, and consider intentions for the month ahead. These will occur in Murray Boardroom (Wheelock Student Center), 9am-9:30am.
- Fall 2019 Dates: September 9, October 7, November 11, December 2…and a special Finals Week Edition on December 16.
- Meals With Meaning – A great opportunity for first-year students to be part of a small (catered!) dinner conversation with peers, student leaders, and special guests. These occur 3 times a semester and give you chances to meet local and national folks who do great work around identity, meaning, values, and more.
- Fall 2019 guests include a Grammy-nominated blues singer, a local community organizer, and an alumna who specializes in body awareness and personal well-being.
- Ask your resident director about tickets!
- Coffee with the Chaplain – Each week, University Chaplain Dave Wright will spend some very casual time in our campus cafes hanging out and drinking coffee. Come by, grab a coffee (tea, water, whatever else they’re serving) and say hi!
- For Fall 2019, Dave will be in Oppenheimer on most Monday mornings from 10am-10:50am, and in Diversions on Wednesday from 10am-10:50am.
- Drop-In Hours – Dave Wright is also (along with CHWS) one of the strictly confidential resources on campus. If you’d rather talk in a more private setting than a café, they have regular drop-in office hours in Wheelock Student Center 219 (WSC) 2-3 times a week. You can also schedule an appointment with Dave by emailing Cindy Gulyas at email@example.com or coming by WSC203.
- For Fall 2019, the drop-in hours are Tuesdays 1pm-2pm, Wednesdays 2pm-3pm, or Thursdays 3pm-4pm. These may be cancelled on occasion due to travel or conflicts, but in those cases a sign will be posted on the door to WSC219.