National Health Care Updates: Ebola
October 16, 2014
With recent news about Ebola infections being diagnosed in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website is frequently updated with the most recent information and recommended practices. Our CHWS staff receives updates both from the CDC and the Tacoma/Pierce County Health Department. CHWS staff will continue monitoring the evolution of this outbreak and will update this website if there are actions our campus community needs to take to assure our safety.
- As of today we are not aware of any Ebola outbreaks in Washington state.
- We are not aware of any students, staff or faculty who have recently traveled in West Africa. University-sponsored travel is guided by information and recommendations provided by the Department of State, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization, and other applicable organizations. Puget Sound does not support travel in areas where the CDC or DOS has issued a travel warning.
- Local hospitals have an isolation procedure and are equipped to care for patients if needed.
- If you have any reason to suspect that you might be exposed, here's what to do: Ebola Exposure Recommendations
- CDC advice for education-related travel in West Africa.