Costs & Insurance
How do I pay for services?
Payment is expected at the time of service in the form of cash, check, or debit/credit card. CHWS does not bill insurance companies. Students are permitted three weeks to settle accounts. After three weeks, charges are sent to student accounts with a $10 transfer fee. Only the student is allowed to pay for CHWS visits unless a release of information is signed naming a parent as bill payer. Students have access to itemized receipts through their CHWS Communication Portal that they may submit for potential reimbursement to their insurance companies as out of pocket claims.
- Initial and ongoing counseling appointments are FREE. However, you will be charged $25 for missed counseling appointments or cancellations less than 24 hours before the appointment time.
- Specialized assessments that are sanctioned by Student Conduct (e.g. mandated substance use and anger management evaluations) are $75. Decrease Your Risk Training (DYRT) classes are $50.
- The psychiatrist visit fees are $65 for initial, 50-minute sessions and $35 for follow up, 30-minute appointments. The no show fees for the psychiatric appointments are $125 for initial sessions and $65 for follow up visits.
- General medical or nutrition appointments are $20 each.
- More detailed visits range from $30 to $100. Physicals and study abroad consultations are $55, gynecological exams are $35, travel consults are $30, and Peace Corps evaluations are $100.
- No show fees and cancellations under 24 hours equate to a $20 fee for general appointments and a $25 fee for the more detailed visit types.
- There are additional costs for medications, procedures, immunizations, laboratory tests, and supplies.
- Additional lab fees may be charged up to 6 weeks after service.
- CHWS maintains a small dispensary with some of the most commonly prescribed medications. Generally, we are able to offer these medications at a lower cost to students than they would find in local pharmacies.
- X-rays are typically performed at TRA Medical Imaging and are charged through that facility.
While CHWS does not bill insurance, resources below may be useful for reimbursement for CHWS care or for off-campus care.