Residential Storage Information
Residence Life is able to provide limited storage to students living on campus on a first-come, first-served basis to students during the summer. Storage areas are designated in each community based on space and availability. Students using on campus storage must agree to the terms of on-campus storage, acknowledging they understand the university is not responsible for the loss, damage, or theft of their stored belongings.
To store or retrieve items, students should contact the appropriate Res Life team member on call during designated storage access times.
You are eligible to place boxes into storage over the summer if your plans match one of the following scenarios:
- Returning to ON-campus housing for the upcoming year
- Studying abroad for the fall semester or entire academic year
You are not eligable to place boxes into storage over the summer if your plans match one of the following scenarios:
- Graduating this semester
- Living OFF campus next year
- Taking a leave of absence for the upcoming semester
- Planning to transfer or withdraw from the university before the upcoming semester
How to Store Your Items
Residence Life provides storage options in all residence halls excluding Thomas Hall, as well as in Greek houses and in on-campus houses. Please review who to contact to store items in your community below:
- All items must be in sealed, shippable boxes
- No freestanding items, rolled carpets, bikes or other valuables may be stored (no computers, TVs, fridges, other large appliances)
- Each student may store up to 5 boxes
- Each box must be no larger than 3'x3'x3' and weigh no more than 70 lbs
- Each box must be sealed with packing tape and labeled with a Puget Sound storage label (provided for you). Storage labels must be filled out completely with all contact information
- Residence Life is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
Summer Bike Storage
Students living on campus in the fall are eligible to store their bike in Trimble hall's bike storage room. There are only 50 first-come, first-serve spaces for bikes. Students must stop by the office of Residence Life at 3209 N 15th during business hours (8a-5p, Monday-Friday) to pick up a bike tag before contacting the RCC on call in Trimble to store their bike. Bike tags are availble starting the last day of spring classes and are available until spaces run out. Bikes must be removed in August before classes begin.
Accessing Storage Fall Opening
Students who stored items, including bicycles, in residential storage for the summer should pick up those items over the weekend of August 24-26. Residence Life has scheduled specific storage access times during this weekend, and students will not be able to retrieve items outside of these scheduled access times.
For students arriving early who did not store their items in Residence Life's early arrival storage room T/P 144A, please contact an RA, RCC, or GHC for that building to request an appointment. Per Residence Life’s storage guidelines, students are not guaranteed access to storage units prior to August 24. Please be advised RAs, RCCs, GHCs will be in training and unavailable 9am-5pm 8/13-8/24.
Fall Early Arrival Storage
If you plan on being part of the limited number of approved early arrivals and need access to storage there will be limited space available in one storage unit in Todd/Phibbs 144A available to access before continuing student move-in. Please plan accordingly, and store your items in the south first floor storage unit by contacting the staff on-call for that area during finals week storage admit times. Items stored in any other location on campus will NOT be accessible to early arrival students (Residence Life student staff exempt).
Typical approved early arrivals include:
- Student athletes
- Summer orientation staff
- Select Dining and Conference Services staff
- Students who are NOT approved to move-in to campus early will not have access to stored items over the summer until campus reopens for returning students August 25, 2017.
You are eligible to place boxes into storage for winter break/spring semester if you are:
- Currently living in campus housing and studying abroad for Spring
- Plan on returning to campus housing in the Fall
Please contact the staff member for your area to schedule an appointment to store items in your community.
Accessing Storage in January
Please contact the staff member for your area to schedule an appointment during the weekend of January 16-18 to access your stored belongings. Due to the high volume of returning students to Thomas Hall, storage access times are scheduled to access items stored in Regester hall for those living in Thomas Hall.
If you have questions about storage access, please contact your Residence Life student leader or call the Residence Life office at 253.879.3317.