During the summer months, the majority of residential facilities occupied and operated through Dining and Conference Services. A handful of residential spaces are utilized for a limited summer housing for students participating in the programs outlined below.
Approved Summer Housing Programs
In collaboration with multiple campus partners, Residence Life provides summer housing for the following approved programs for a limited number of students:
Outside of these approved programs, summer housing is not available to students.
With the exception of the students outlined above, Residence Life is unable to provide any temporary housing between May 15 and June 1. Residence Halls close on May 12, 2018 for all non-graduating seniors, and May 15 for graduating seniors. Students who wish to stay locally after these dates must make off-campus arrangements during this time.
Summer Housing Guidelines
Students living on campus for the summer must agree to the following:
- Students living on campus spring semester are guaranteed a temporary housing placement until their permanent summer placement is available. Students may need to move to temporary housing and must be available on campus to transition from spring to summer housing between May 12 – May 21, 2018. Do not make travel plans during these dates.
- Students living on campus fall semester are guaranteed a temporary housing placement on-campus until their fall housing is available. Students may need to move to temporary housing and must be available on campus to transition from summer to fall housing between August 6 – 13, 2018. Do not make travel plans during these dates.
- Students living off campus spring semester may move into summer housing beginning May 21, 2018.
- Students living off campus fall semester must move out of summer housing by August 6, 2018.
- A summer meal plan is not available. The diner has limited hours of operations based on the summer conference schedule.
- Student Integrity Code: University residents are governed by the policies and procedures set forth in the Student Integrity Code, the Residence Policy, and all other policies established by the university. Residents are required to comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Summer Session Housing for Enrolled Students
Students who register for Summer Session 2018 course will be eligible to live in one of six on-campus houses (TBD) during the summer term which they have registered. EXLN and Immersion Internship students are housed in a separate housing program. Read more about the EXLN and Immersion Internship housing.
- Students who register for at least 1.00 unit of a graded, non-activity credit in Term I will be eligible for summer session housing May 15 - Jun 22
- Students who register for at least 1.00 unit of a graded, non-activity credit in Term II will be eligible for summer session housing June 24 - August 5
- Students who are register for at least 1.00 unit of a graded, non-activity credit in each term will be eligible for summer session housing May 15 - August 5
Each term of summer session housing has a flat rate of $450 per session.
Research & Internship Housing on Union Ave
Students who have received a summer research grant will be housed in Unit G (the Beta Fraternity house) and students participating in the Summer Immersion Internship Program (including students enrolled in EXLN 350, and RISE students) will be housed in Unit H (the Pi Phi Sorority house) and Unit F (Sigma Chi Fraternity house). Rooms in Unit F, G and H are a mix of double and single rooms. These facilities will have regular custodial services throughout the summer. A summer meal plan is not available, and each house has a large communal kitchen for preparing meals. Residence Life will reach out to all students who qualify to live on campus in the summer in mid-April with details on securing a space on campus for the summer, the terms of the Summer Housing Agreement, and how to select a roommate.
The rate the summer housing in the Union Ave. houses is $300 total, regardless of room type or length of stay.
Signing Up for Summer Housing
Students approved to live on campus for the summer are invited to sign up for a specific assignment at the Residence Life Summer Housing Sign-Up night (TBD - week of April 23, 2018). Students at this time will be able to determine a roommate, and single rooms will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. After this event, approved students still interested in summer housing may contact Jenni Chadick Assistant Director of Residence Life Operations to inquire about availability until May 1. Residence Life is unable to provide an assignment for students after May 1.
Summer Sublet Connection
Residence Life recognizes many students are seeking summer housing options. Beginning in early April, Residence Life will begin collecting the names and contact information of students who have an off-campus summer sublet they are seeking a tenant to fill. If you have a lease you are wishing to sublet over the summer or are seeking a summer sublet, please Contact Residence Life. Residence Life will provide the basic contact information (name, email, and phone number) for these individuals to those hoping to connect. Residence Life is unable to provide a matching or vetting service.