The Office of Student Accessibility and Accommodation (SAA) in Howarth 103A assists students in determining what accommodations they may require to help them succeed academically. If you have a physical, medical, learning, or other disability that you feel may impact your course work, please reach out to the SAA. They will work with you to determine what accommodations are necessary and appropriate. All information and documentation are confidential. Below you will find contact information for SAA, as well as information on the process for requesting accommodations.
SAA Contact Information:
Howarth 103A || Campus Mailbox #1096
Peggy Perno - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR REQUESTING ACCOMMODATIONS?
The University of Puget Sound has designated the Office of Student Accessibility and Accommodation as the department that determines if a student qualifies for an accommodation.
- Obtain documentation from a qualified, licensed professional that includes a diagnosis, how the diagnosis was established, the functional impairments, and a rationale for requested accommodations.
- Learning disability: Psycho-educational evaluation. This is typically performed in your K-12 school.
- Psychological or medical disability: Documentation of Disability Form (PDF)
- Documentation for Emotional Support Animal Requests: Documentation for Emotional Support Animal Form. Go to Emotional Support Animal page for more steps on registering an ESA.
- You will be asked to upload your documentation of disability when you complete the online Request Disability Accommodations form. When we receive both your online request and documentation, we will contact you to schedule an intake meeting.
- If you would like to discuss or ask questions about documentation, please email email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
For more information about SAA and the process around requesting accommodations, please visit SAA's website HERE.