The Michel Rocchi International District (MRID) offers experiential living for students with an international focus.
This program will provide a home for study abroad students to orient themselves pre-departure and re-acclimate upon returning to Puget Sound. Beyond study abroad, this will also be a home for any students whose academic pursuits and interests include an international component.
Possible activities associated with this program may include:
- study abroad returnee picture night;
- international movie night;
- study abroad interest meetings;
- international food night/celebrations of holidays from different cultures;
- speakers on topics such as international careers, grad school, international volunteer opportunities, political issues in relevant countries;
- a service project;
- and/or day trips or overnight field trips.
Applying to live in the Michel Rocchi International District?
Questions? Diane Kelley, faculty sponsor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Wyatt 239, 253.879.3534.
The MRID offers opportunities to:
- Share living space with other students who have international interests and experiences.
- Participate in community activities with international themes such as MRID dinners, academic lectures, cultural events and excursions.
- Launch students into a semester abroad or welcome them when they return.
Please note: an MRID application is required of students each year they wish to live in the MRID, including those students who have lived in the MRID previously.