A small pool of funds is provided to support faculty travel to professional meetings to present papers describing innovations in teaching or other results of their pedagogical activities. The following information is also available in the Conference Participation: Pedagogy Guidelines Document.
Deadline: Applications are due by May 15
A small pool of funds is provided to support faculty travel to professional meetings to present papers describing innovations in teaching or other results of their pedagogical activities. Such meetings must be devoted to developments in pedagogy or have special sessions devoted to pedagogy.
Eligibility, funding guidelines and criteria are essentially the same as for regular Conference Participation support, except that there is no funding for faculty serving a discussant function only. Faculty who receive a conference participation travel grant are not eligible for a pedagogy grant except insofar as money remains on May 15 to fund second trips.
Application for these funds should be made to Associate Dean of Experiential Learning and Civic Scholarship Renee Houston, Jones 212 or CMB 1020, on behalf of the University Enrichment Committee, through the online form.
The following should be included with the application:
1. a completed Conference Participation: Pedagogy Travel Funding Request form available on the Faculty Professional Development Resources webpage including signatures of the participant and the department chair;
2. an abstract or copy of the paper to be presented;
3. verification of the paper's acceptance. The Committee may approve a conference participation grant on the basis of the first two requirements subject to receipt of the official acceptance of the paper.
4. Foreign Travel Waiver, if applicable.
Applications are acted upon in the order received until funds are exhausted. Faculty should be sure to apply by May 15 because invariably funds are exhausted thereafter. Funding of second trips occurs on May 16 if any funds remain in the travel pool.
Grant recipients shall provide the following reports to the University Enrichment Committee in care of Associate Dean Sunil Kukreja; Jones 212 or CMB 1020, within thirty days after the conference:
1. Reasonable evidence of participation at the conference, such as a copy of the final conference program or a copy of the paper presented, and
2. A completed Reimbursement Request form linked below. Attach original invoices and receipts for all expenses.
If applicable, please complete these additional forms and upload them with your application.
Foreign Travel Waiver - if your research involves travel outside of the United States
Special Travel Waiver - if your travel includes countries on the Department of State's Travel Warning List or the Centers for Disease Control’s Travel Health Warning List