Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board shall consist of the Dean of the University (ex-officio) and no fewer than four appointed members of the faculty. Members may be added or chosen so that the composition of the committee is in compliance with current federal regulations.
The duties of the Institutional Review Board shall be:
- To apply the University's policies on the protection of human and animal subjects to the board's review of faculty, student, and staff proposals for research involving human and animal subjects and to proposals from persons outside the University planning research involving University employees or students.
- To carry primary responsibility for ensuring that the University's policies and procedures and its Protection of Human Subjects and Protection of Animal Subjects documents are consistent with the will of the University and that they comply with regulatory requirements governing the protection of human and animal subjects in research.
- To establish definitions, procedures, and dates for the review of research involving human or animal subjects.
- Such other duties as may be assigned to it.
- Tim Beyer (co-chair)
- Joel Elliott (co-chair)
- Wendell Nakamura
- Mike Pohl
- Sara Protasi
- Mark Reinitz
- Alexa Tullis
- Andreas Udbye
- Kristine Bartanen (Lisa Ferrari)