Committee on Diversity
The Committee on Diversity shall consist of the Dean of the University (ex-officio); the Chief Diversity Officer (ex-officio); no fewer than seven appointed faculty members, and one student.
The duties of the Committee shall be
- To serve the university's goal of increasing the social diversity of the campus.
- To participate in the development of initiatives that enable the university to hire new faculty from historically under-represented populations and to support better the retention and success of such faculty.
- To work with the President, Vice-Presidents, and the Chief Diversity Officer concerning diversity initiatives that can benefit from faculty presence and leadership, as needed.
- To establish liaisons with key university units including staff and student diversity groups to assess strategic needs and work collaboratively in diversity-related initiatives, as needed.
- Gunderson, Chad
- Harpring, Mark
- Liao, Sam (S)
- Livingston, Grace
- Smithers, Stuart
- Wilbur, Kirsten
- Zylstra, Sheryl
- Bartanen, Kristine (Benitez, Michael)
- Segawa, Mike (Nguyen, Vivie)