Your Guide to Fall 2020
University of Puget Sound has made the difficult decision that we will not be able to resume in-person instruction in fall 2020 as planned. We have prepared for this possibility over the summer to ensure that students can continue their educations without interruption, benefiting from an academically rigorous curriculum and vibrant cocurricular opportunities, building relationships with each other and their professors, and receiving the support they need to succeed.
Read the latest message about fall
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- ACADEMICS: The academic calendar announced in mid-June will remain in place: Fall break will be canceled and Thanksgiving break will be extended to a full week. Classes will begin Aug. 31, and final exams will conclude Dec. 18. Class schedules will be finalized no later than Aug. 7.
- ATHLETICS: Coaches will be in touch with student-athletes regarding the status of competition. Men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s tennis, and men’s and women’s golf may be able to take place in the fall, if state and local conditions allow for it, and we hope at some point during the semester to enable athletes in other sports to train on campus within public health guidelines. Additional information will be available shortly.
- HOUSING: We will provide limited campus housing with priority given to students who experience housing or food insecurity; are unable to effectively participate in remote learning from their homes, even with accommodations; or have a compelling academic or cocurricular reason to be on campus, such as students who need access to specialized facilities, equipment, or other resources for their academic work. Decisions regarding approval to live on campus and grant access to specialized facilities or equipment will be made by Aug. 7.
- SPRING: Decisions about spring semester will be announced later this fall. Our intent, as conditions allow, is to fully resume in-person instruction.
- TESTING: All students, faculty and staff members are required to be aware of and participate in screening and testing.
- TUITION: We are making adjustments to the cost of attendance to assist families at this unprecedented time, including reducing fall semester tuition, maintaining full merit aid, converting work-study awards to grants for those unable or ineligible to work, and more. To accommodate for the impending adjustments to room and board fees and financial aid packages, we will be extending the fall payment deadline from Aug. 15 to Aug. 20.
What you need to do
For First-Year Undergraduate and Transfer Students
Get updates on Orientation, academics, housing, student life, tuition and fees, health and safety, and more.
For Continuing Undergraduate Students
Get updates on academics, housing, student life, tuition and fees, support services, health and safety, and more.
For Graduate Students
Get updates on academics, health and safety, tuition and fees, support services, and more.
For Faculty Members
Get updates on the Return to Work on Campus plan and important developments about fall 2020.
For Staff Members
Get updates on the Return to Work on Campus plan and other information related to fall 2020 operations.
For Neighbors and the Community
Get updates on campus access and safety protocols for all guests and visitors.