Your Guide to Fall 2020
University of Puget Sound is moving forward with a remote learning environment for fall 2020, working to ensure that students can continue their educations without interruption and benefit from an academically rigorous curriculum and vibrant cocurricular opportunities, building relationships with each other and their professors, and receiving the support they need to succeed.
Read the latest Friday Update and other messages about fall
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- ACADEMICS: Fall break will be canceled and Thanksgiving break will be extended to a full week. Classes began remotely on Aug. 31, and final exams will conclude Dec. 18.
- ATHLETICS: The Northwest Conference Presidents' Council announced on Aug. 17 that all conference competition and championships will be suspended until Jan. 1, 2021. Athletic facilities are open for use by campus community members in a limited capacity.
- HOUSING: Limited campus housing has been assigned with priority given to students who experience housing or food insecurity; are unable to effectively participate in remote learning from their homes, even with accommodations; or have a compelling academic or cocurricular reason to be on campus, such as students who need access to specialized facilities, equipment, or other resources for their academic work.
- SPRING: Decisions about spring semester will be announced later this fall. Our intent, as conditions allow, is to fully resume in-person instruction.
- TESTING: All students, faculty, and staff members are required to be aware of and participate in COVID-19 screening and testing.
- TUITION: Adjustments were made to the cost of attendance to assist families at this unprecedented time, including reducing fall semester tuition, maintaining full merit aid, converting work-study awards to grants for those unable or ineligible to work, and more.
What you need to do
- Miss our fall 2020 info sessions? Watch the recordings (may require login with university credentials):
For First-Year Undergraduate and Transfer Students
Get updates on Orientation, academics, housing, student life, tuition and fees, health and safety, and more.
For Continuing Undergraduate Students
Get updates on academics, housing, student life, tuition and fees, support services, health and safety, and more.
For Graduate Students
Get updates on academics, health and safety, tuition and fees, support services, and more.
For Faculty Members
Get updates on the Return to Work on Campus plan and important developments about fall 2020.
For Staff Members
Get updates on the Return to Work on Campus plan and other information related to fall 2020 operations.
For Neighbors and the Community
Get updates on campus access and safety protocols for all guests and visitors.