This application must be completed by any organization or individual sponsoring an event at which alcoholic beverages will be served or consumed on campus. This application and a copy of the state permit must be posted near the entry to the event. I/We, the undersigned, have completed all of the appropriate steps as noted below.
- Complete the University Permit application below. The application for a university permit must be submitted to the Student Involvement & Programs Office (WSC 203) at least twelve days prior to the event if the sponsor intends to apply for a banquet permit and at least one month prior if the sponsor intends to apply for a special occasion permit. Applications submitted within an inadequate time frame will not be approved. An incomplete application may result in delay or denial of approval.
- Obtain from the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) either a banquet permit or special occasion permit. (Definitions and applications) Facilities owned by the university meet the definition of "public" buildings under state law. Therefore, an event sponsor must obtain the appropriate WSLCB permit. This can be ordered online. An approved University Permit and a copy of the relevant WSLCB permit must be posted near the entry to the event.
- If requested by the university, obtain liability insurance for the event that complies with the requirements specified in the University Policy/Appendix B: Campus Alcohol Use Procedures.
- If utilizing catering on campus, notify Dining and Conference Services by submitting copies of the completed documents at least twelve days prior to the event.
- Kegs, common source alcohol (previously opened wine on tables), and liquor/spirits are not allowed to be served at campus events. Special exceptions may be made for service from kegs, but approval must be obtained from the Student Involvement & Programs Office.
For Student Groups Only
(In addition to the application checklist above.)
- Complete consultation about risk management planning with the Associate Dean of Student Involvement & Programs BEFORE submitting your application.
- Complete the application below and submit to the Student Involvement & Programs Office (WSC 203), no later than one month prior to your event; applications submitted with less than one month’s notice will not be approved. An incomplete application may result in delay or denial of approval.
- Obtain a banquet or special occasion permit only after the Student Involvement & Programs Office has approved initial review of this application.
- Submit a copy of the banquet permit to Student Involvement & Programs at least ten days before the event.
- Notify Security Services of event by hand-delivering copies of application and banquet permit at least 72 hours prior to the event.
- After the event, a copy of the register of everyone attending the event must be filed with Student Involvement & Programs on the following business day.