The Office of International Programs (OIP) is pleased you’re exploring the possibility of creating and leading a study abroad program. The following information is meant to explain the process of creating and leading a program at Puget Sound.
Before beginning this process, we recommend you speak with your Department Chair about your interest in creating and leading a study abroad program. We also recommend you make an appointment with the Director of International Programs, Roy Robinson, and speak with other faculty members who have created and led study abroad programs.
Faculty-led Study Abroad Proposal Deadline: March 1 - Every Year
March 1 is the Faculty Led Study Abroad Program Application Deadline for the following academic year and future academic years. For example, the deadline of March 1, 2021 would be for programs planning to run during the spring 2022, summer 2022 or the fall 2022.
The proposal must be approved by the International Education Committee before submitting the syllabus to the Curriculum Committee. The deadlines to submit a proposal for Curriculum Committee approval are October 15 and February 15.
- Program Creation Timeline
- Submit a Faculty-led Study Abroad Program Proposal
- Program Evaluation Criteria
- Marketing and Student Applications
- Faculty who have previously created and led a study abroad program
- Leading a Program with Partner and/or Children
- Study Abroad Initiatives Development Grants