Scope of Services
Counseling, Health, & Wellness Services provides outpatient assessment and treatment for various psychological and medical conditions. Students should expect their unique individual and cultural identities to be valued, respected, and actively supported by all CHWS staff. We strive to provide the best services possible; however, there may be times when we cannot offer treatment.
If we do not have the appropriate resources for our staff to meet your treatment needs or treatment approaches are not proving useful, we may refer you to proper providers outside the college. We are not equipped to provide intensive or long-term mental health care nor urgent medical care outside of office hours. In such instances, we may refer you to a local urgent care facility, to an emergency department, or a specialist as necessary. Examples of concerns where referral may be necessary include but are not limited to: the history of multiple hospitalizations, chronic suicidality and/or self-harming behaviors, history of repeated suicide attempts, the severity of alcohol or drug use that requires intensive outpatient or inpatient treatment, the severity of an eating disorder that requires intensive outpatient or inpatient treatment, evidence of progressive deterioration in the ability to function, need for formal psychological evaluation, assessment of learning disability/ADHD or neuropsychological testing, referral for imaging, emergency care or care with a specialist. CHWS does NOT treat Court-mandated care, Motor vehicle accidents, and Labor and Industry claim.
What We Provide
- Primary medical care including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic conditions
- STI screening, counseling, birth control prescriptions, and emergency contraceptives
- Mental health services including assessment and treatment; individual and group treatment offered (suicide prevention resources)
- Referrals to community treatment for anything beyond our scope of practice or for those who prefer to be seen off campus
- Continuation of allergy shots approved by an allergist
- Continuation of approved hormone replacement therapy injections
- Assessments for substance abuse when required through Student Conduct (substance abuse resources)
- Assessments required through mandated evaluation for risk of suicidality or self-harm
- Registered dietician appointments, with referral
- Documentation to facilitate reimbursement from insurance
- Opportunity for CHWS-led training on a variety of topics, including graduate training and internships.
- Sick student meal request form
Services we are unable to provide
- Emergency services
- ADHD assessments
- Evaluations for emotional support animals
- Initial allergy assessment
- Initial evaluation for hormone replacement therapy
- Court-ordered treatment
- Intravenous treatment
- Imaging such as X-rays, MRIs, EKGs, etc.
- Billing insurance