How do I pay for services?

Payment is expected at the time of service in the form of cash, check, or debit/credit card. CHWS does not bill insurance companies. Students are permitted three weeks to settle accounts. After three weeks, charges are sent to student accounts with a $10 transfer fee. Only the student can pay for CHWS visits unless a release of information is signed, naming a parent as the bill payer. Students can access itemized receipts through their CHWS Communication Portal that they may submit for potential reimbursement to their insurance companies as out of pocket claims.

Counseling Appointments

  • Initial and ongoing counseling appointments are FREE. However, you will be charged $25 for missed counseling and group appointments or cancellations less than 24 hours before the appointment time.
  • Specialized assessments sanctioned by Student Conduct (e.g., mandated substance use and anger management evaluations) are $75. Decrease Your Risk Training (DYRT) classes are $50.
  • The psychiatric visit fees are $65 for initial, 50-minute sessions and $40 for follow-up, 30-minute appointments. The no show fees for the psychiatric appointments are $100 for initial sessions and $50 for follow up visits.

Medical Appointments

  • General medical or nutrition appointments are $25-40.
  • Physicals and study abroad consultations are $55, gynecological exams are $35, and Peace Corps evaluations are $150.
  • No show or late cancellation fees - for general appointments are $25.
  • There are additional costs for medications, procedures, immunizations, laboratory tests, and supplies. Lab fees may take up to 6 weeks to be charged.
  • CHWS maintains a small dispensary with some of the most commonly prescribed medications. Generally, we are able to offer these medications at a lower cost to students than they would find in local pharmacies.
  • X-rays are typically performed at TRA Medical Imaging and are charged through that facility.


While CHWS does not bill insurance, resources below may be useful for reimbursement for CHWS care or for off-campus care.