How do I pay for services?
Charges will be transferred to your student account. CHWS does not bill insurance companies. Students can access itemized receipts through their CHWS Communication Portal that they may submit for potential reimbursement to their insurance companies as out of pocket claims.
- Initial and ongoing counseling appointments are FREE. However, you will be charged $25 for missed counseling and group appointments or cancellations less than 24 hours before the appointment time.
- Specialized assessments sanctioned by Student Conduct (e.g., mandated substance use and anger management evaluations) are $75. Decrease Your Risk Training (DYRT) classes are $50.
- The psychiatric visit fees are $65 for initial, 50-minute sessions and $40 for follow-up, 30-minute appointments. The no show fees for the psychiatric appointments are $100 for initial sessions and $50 for follow up visits.
- General medical or nutrition appointments are $25-40.
- Physicals and study abroad consultations are $55, gynecological exams are $40, and Peace Corps evaluations are $150.
- No show or late cancellation fees - for general appointments are $25.
- There are additional costs for medications, procedures, immunizations, laboratory tests, and supplies.
- CHWS maintains a small dispensary with some of the most commonly prescribed medications. Generally, we are able to offer these medications at a lower cost to students than they would find in local pharmacies.
- X-rays are typically performed at TRA Medical Imaging and are charged through that facility.
While CHWS does not bill insurance, resources below may be useful for reimbursement for CHWS care or for off-campus care.
- To consult with a broker, at no cost to you, Jeff Johnson has worked with many Puget Sound students and families over the years! He is a good resource for questions and options for insurance coverage applicable while students are in the State of Washington.
- Health Insurance Checklist
- Kaiser Permanente Insurance
- Study Abroad Health Insurance
Note: this is the insurance that is provided to students participating in Puget Sound approved study abroad and other academic travel sponsored by the university. If you need assistance finding insurance for a personal trip abroad, please consult with the Office of International Programs.
- International students can contact Eowyn Greeno, International Student Advisor, located in Howarth Hall 215 or by phone at 253.879.2513 for questions concerning insurance coverage.
- EIIA Student-Athlete Intercollegiate Insurance Plan