The Office of Communications provides a photographer for the following events:
- Academic/Classroom Photography (candids and impromptu photoshoots)
- Art Shows (annual fall student show and spring senior art show)
- Athletics (general competition shots of a variety of varsity teams)
- Campus Life (candid, seasonal images of campus life and facilities)
- Homecoming and Family Weekend (candids, football game, tailgate)
- Lectures (Pierce, Regester, Swope)
- Performing Groups (one dress rehearsal and one casual/classroom rehearsal of major vocal, instrumental, and theatrical performance groups)
- Orientation (Prelude, Passages, and Perspectives)
- Scholarship/Fellowship Winner Portraits (Fulbright, Watson, Rotary Ambassadorial, etc.)
- Staff Recognition Luncheon (general images of event and award winners; portraits not included)
- Summer Reunion Weekend (candids)
Additional events may be photographed at the discretion of the Office of Communications.
Requests for specific shots at these events should be made directly to the university photographer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.3765. Photo requests are billed at the photographer's hourly rate. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.
Special photographic requests or separately scheduled photoshoots may be commissioned. Complete the online Photo Request Form at least three weeks in advance.
Photographer's Rate: $48 per hour
Travel and Mileage: Off-campus assignments are subject to travel time to and from the photoshoot location. Travel time is included in the total time billed for the photoshoot. Mileage reimbursement is billed at the university standard rate per mile.
Scheduling Notice: Request your photoshoot as early as possible. Include your budget code to reserve the date and time. You will receive confirmation of your reservation from the university photographer. A minimum of 15 business days is requested for all commissioned photoshoots.
Special equipment needs will be considered and charged (if applicable) on an individual basis.
The Office of Communications retains the right to use images from commissioned photoshoots in online and/or printed materials to promote the college.
If the Office of Communications is unable to accommodate your photography request, or you would like to work with an outside photographer, please contact email@example.com or 253.879.2984.
Get great campus photography for your department web page, print publication, and more—for free! Visit Vault, the Office of Communications' online image library. Browse images, create lightboxes with your favorites or specific projects, and request web-ready or high-res files. Get started by checking out our Vault User Guides:
- Accessing Vault
- Using the Dashboard in Vault
- Navigating Vault and the Vault Toolbar
- Viewing and Requesting Images in Vault
- Using Lightboxes and Bulk Actions in Vault
Photo-quality prints may be made using the high-res digital download files in Vault, our online image library. If you would like assistance ordering prints, the university photographer can help. Prints orders placed through the university photographer take approximately seven to 10 business days to process. Prices vary depending on print size and quantity. For assistance, contact the university photographer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.3765.
Please note that we cannot release a print or digital file to anyone but the subject of the photo without the subject's permission or consent.
If you are looking for specific images and cannot find them on Vault, you may request that the university photographer search the catalog of images on DVD, housed in the Office of Communications. Research time is billed at the standard rate of $50 per hour.
This page houses downloadable, high-resolution image files of senior university administrators and images related to recent university news.
A Sound Past
Maintained by Collins Memorial Library, this is a growing archive of historical university images; High-resolution image files are available upon request. Contact Collins Memorial Library for more information at email@example.com.