Attention Faculty Researchers and Faculty Advisors of Student Research!
Beginning August 31, 2020, all IRB protocols must be submitted with a certificate of completion from the CITI program, indicating that the Faculty Advisor or Faculty Researcher(s) have passed the Puget Sound CITI course for Faculty. Note that student researchers are still required to complete their own CITI training.
Please read all instructions thoroughly before proceeding with the training.
Here's what you do:
- Go to citiprogram.org and set up an account for yourself. Detailed instructions on how to set up your account appropriately are found here.
- Once you have set up your account, complete the five REQUIRED modules under the "Faculty" course:
- Belmont Report and CITI Course Introduction (ID 1127)
- Informed Consent (ID 504)
- Cultural Competence in Research (ID 15166)
- Assessing Risk (ID 503)
- Unanticipated Problems and Reporting Requirements in Social and Behavioral Research (ID 14928)
If the study involves any of the specific types of research listed below, Faculty Advisors of Student Research or Faculty Researchers must also complete the relevant module(s):
- Internet-based research (ID 510)
- International Research (ID 509)
- Research with Prisoners (ID 506)
- Research with Children (ID 507)
- Research in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools (ID 508)
- Research Involving Pregnant Women, Fetuses, and Neonates (ID 10)
Course modules will become available only after you click the link Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course and complete the statement.
Take the quiz at the end of the course.
- Download your certificate of completion for the course and attach it to the IRB protocol before submitting. Your certificate is valid for three years from the date of completion.
Questions or problems? Please contact Jenna McMichael at email@example.com or 253.879.2656.