Employers seek a particular skill set in candidates. They look for the ability to:
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret data
- Learn and apply knowledge
- Identify problems and create solutions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Seek global understanding
- Adapt to ongoing change
- Undertake unfamiliar tasks
- Develop and maintain professional networks
Puget Sound students learn to:
Acquire knowledge and generate ideas
Provide critical analysis
Connect related information/ideas
Write clearly and persuasively
Develop strong listening skills
Present and debate arguments
Understand/meet needs of an audience
Develop strong interpersonal skills
Work effectively in teams
Understand other cultures
Evaluate solutions from a global perspective
Combining a rigorous liberal arts curriculum with experience gained through co-curricular activities such part-time employment and internships, club and organization involvement, volunteer work, etc., Puget Sound students develop the skills and competencies employers seek, regardless of their major.
Wondering what career paths various majors follow?
Start exploring with the WCIDWTM* resource!
*What Can I Do With This Major?