These steps must be completed prior to registering for internship or co-operative education courses and applies to:
Begin this process early in the semester prior to the semester in which you plan to enroll. You should try to complete all steps before the early registration period—November for Spring, April for Fall and/or Summer.
- Begin your search by reviewing the various internship resources.
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator at Career and Employment Services to discuss personal and course objectives. Schedule an appointment by calling 253.879.3161.
- If you are registering for Co-operative Education, meet with Student Financial Services to learn about your Co-op and financial aid.
- Contact employers and make arrangements for interviews. (Brush up on your interview skills to prepare.)
- After accepting an offer, complete a Learning Agreement and secure required signatures—advisor, employer, etc.
- Submit your completed Learning Agreement to CES (Howarth 101) and secure the Internship Coordinator's permission to register. Registration occurs outside of the regular process and requires an add/drop form.
- Plan to finalize your paperwork during registration or during the add/drop period. Please schedule an appointment with the Internship Coordinator to obtain an add code form.