Top 10 Tips for Successful Scholarship Applications
- Apply for anything and everything you think you might be eligible to receive.
- Complete the application in full.
- Follow directions. Do not supply items not requested (e.g., transcripts, resumes, etc.).
- Neatness counts.
- Make sure your essay leaves an impression.
- Watch all deadlines.
- Give it a final “once over” before you submit your application.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Take steps to make sure your application gets where it needs to go.
- Remember, your scholarship application represents you!
Based on “FastWeb’s Tips for College Students” April 2000 www.fastweb.com