Terms & Conditions
- Your scholarship amount is expressed as an annual amount, of which half is available fall semester and half available spring semester for offset against full-time tuition charges on your student account.
- This scholarship is available for fall and spring semesters only and cannot be applied to summer enrollment.
- Eligibility for your scholarship requires that you be enrolled each semester as a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in at least three (3.0) academic units and paying full-time tuition.
- Your Alumni Scholarship may only be applied towards Puget Sound tuition, not room, board or other expenses. If you receive other scholarships, grants, stipends, tuition remission or tuition exchange assistance designated to be used only for tuition, either through Puget Sound or from an outside source, and the sum of these awards, including the Alumni Scholarship, exceeds the cost of tuition, your Alumni Scholarship will be reduced or withdrawn until the total amount of your tuition-designated scholarship dollars equals the amount of tuition.
- After successfully completing one academic year of study you may take up to a one-year formal leave of absence and retain your scholarship when returning to the university, as long as you continue to meet all other eligibility criteria.
- Puget Sound’s scholarship programs are funded in part by the financial commitments of alumni, parents and friends. To help build strong relationships with our donors, you may be asked to write a brief thank you letter acknowledging the generosity of the donor responsible for funding your scholarship.
- Your award is renewable for up to a maximum of ten (10) semesters of undergraduate study or the point of earning your first Bachelor's degree at Puget Sound, whichever comes first, providing you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Students studying abroad are permitted to apply Puget Sound scholarships and grants to their study abroad program. Program fees will be assessed for study abroad based on the cost of individual study abroad programs relative to the cost of Puget Sound tuition, and are used to support students prior to and during their study abroad experience. There are three program fee tiers, ranging between $300 up to $2400, with the majority of program fees falling at the $300 tier.
For more information, please contact the office of International Programs.