The School of Music welcomes transfer students who major or minor in music, or who perform with our ensembles while pursuing other fields.

Please see the Transfer Students page for information about transferring to Puget Sound, and browse the navigation links to learn more about the School of Music (much of the information on these pages applies to both freshmen and transfer students).

Applying to the School of Music as a Transfer Student

In addition to your Common Application, if you are interested in majoring in music, or if you would like to be considered for a music scholarship, you must audition for the School of Music.

Acceptance to one of the four music majors and enrollment in coursework pursuant to a music degree is contingent upon both admission to the University of Puget Sound and a successful audition adjudicated by School of Music faculty.

Prospective transfer students who plan to enter in fall semester as full-time students and who also audition according to the same timetable as prospective freshmen may be considered for music scholarships. Generally, scholarships are not available to transfer students entering in spring semester.

If you have questions about transferring to the University of Puget Sound for music study, please contact our music admission coordinator by email.