I-Connect Application Form
Thank you for taking the time to apply for an International Student/Third Culture Kid (TCK) partner position with the I-Connect Program at University of Puget Sound.
The selection process includes two aspects: an application, and a group interview.
- Group Interview – A thirty-minute session where you will be interviewed with other potential candidates, a professional staff member and/or a student staff member. After the deadline the I-Connect coordinator will set date and time for the interview.
- Establish contact with assigned student over the summer via e-mail
- Maintain regular contact with assigned student by ways of informal biweekly check-in meetings
- Be available as an active resource for assigned student
- Attend and participate fully in all monthly events for entire I-Connect Program
- Assist in evaluation of program at the end of fall semester
- Optional: Assist with assigned Orientation Week activities and events (i.e. Airport Shuttles, Move-in Day Shuttles, etc.)
- Hold a current GPA of 2.0 or above
- Be enrolled at Puget Sound for the 2018-2019 academic year
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following qualities:
- An appreciation for and interest in cultural differences
- Leadership skills to interact positively and encourage involvement of international students and TCKs
- The ability to work effectively as a team member with other mentors, international students and TCKs
- The ability to make sound, independent judgments and decisions, solve problems, and improvise
- Willingness to be a role model and uphold university policies and expectations