Psi Chi is an international Honor Society for Psychology and has specific requirements for membership. Visit Psi Chi for more information on membership.
Psi Chi Events
Points towards earning Psi Chi graduation cords are awarded for attending these events.
Study Hours - Study hours are open to any psychology student wanting to get some work done with friends, ask other psychology students for help, or get to know more about Psi Chi!
Faculty Lectures - As we know from tidbits we hear from them during classes, our faculty all have fascinating research interests and valuable experience for us to hear. In our faculty lecture series, faculty share with us what they have learned from their time in the discipline.
CES Event - There are so many career paths within psychology that it can be tricky to know where to start! Thank you to Career and Employment Services (CES) for hosting a special event for Psi Chi to show us how to explore different career options through networking, LinkedIn, and University resources.
- What Can I Do With My Psych Degree? - Learn about potential career paths, how to get into graduate school, and what other options are open to you with a degree in psychology! Faculty talk about their career paths and offer advice to students. The event will conclude with a question and answer session.
- Psychology Research Symposium - A night of student research presentations, conversation, and snacks! See what fellow psych students have been up to and learn what research facilitated by University of Puget Sound is all about.
- Treehouse - Treehouse is a place where families can stay to be close to family members in the hospital. The purpose of the event is to provide some Halloween activities for the children and cook and enjoy a meal with the families. A Psi Chi activity for members to be involved in this great opportunity to practice your people skills and help provide a positive atmosphere for families who are going through a lot of stressful life events.
- Volunteer Opportunity High School Senior Writing Workshop - We help with the next college application writing workshop for Tacoma High School Seniors. We talk to students about their personal statements and other college essays. A lot of students will be interested in your experience with college and about the college application process in general. You do not need to be an expert at personal statements to help the students. Last time, many high school seniors believed they did not have a story to tell and we listened to their experiences and helped them realize that everyone has a story to tell. There is a brief training at the start of each shift to provide you with information about what makes a strong personal statement.
- Topic Toss Up - Discuss current events relating to psychology and neuroscience with students and faculty - snacks are always provided!
- Halloween Party - Every year, the psychology department faculty and students dress up, eat snacks, and get a little competitive!
- Psi Chi Holiday Gathering - Come relax and de-stress before finals with Psi Chi, have hot cocoa, holiday treats, and fun activities.