Do I Need to Audition?
In addition to your Puget Sound application, an entrance audition and audition application (coming soon) is required for:
- Acceptance to a music major
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
A completed music scholarship/major audition application consists of the following:
- The completed Music Audition Application.
- A completed audition on-campus, at a regional location in Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, or San Francisco, or a recorded audition. The recorded audition option is only available to those who cannot make an audition date or live more than 200 miles from an audition location, find out more about submitting recorded auditions.
- Prospective Music majors only: One letter of recommendation from your private teacher or conductor, submitted using our online recommendation form, and a resume of your music experience (presented at your audition). The music recommendation is separate from recommendations submitted for your Puget Sound application, which requires at least one recommendation from an academic teacher.
- Recommended for all applicants: a resume of your music experience submitted with your Audition application.
It is important to note that we do not accept the arts supplement on the Common Application. The audition and accompanying materials replace the arts supplement.
Early Decision Students and Transfer Students
Please see important information for Early Decision students and for Transfer students.
When to Submit This Form
The Music Audition Application is due by Dec. 15. All music audition dates are listed below. Decisions on Music Admission and Music Scholarships will go out in Mid-March with the Regular Decision notifications.
- Recorded auditions: Audition must be submitted electronically by Feb. 1.
- Alternate date auditions: For special circumstances, if you are not able to attend the on-campus audition dates, please contact the music recruitment coordinator to schedule an audition on a different date (not all dates available).
- Auditioning on two instruments? Please indicate this on the Music Audition Application. This also applies if you are planning to complete a jazz and classical audition on the same instrument.
- Those submitting a recorded audition will receive confirmations on a rolling basis, upon processing of audition material.
- If you do not receive your audition confirmation, please check your junk mail folder.
On Campus: Feb. 2 and Feb. 10, 2018
Denver: Jan. 14, 2018
Los Angeles: Jan. 21, 2018
Minneapolis: Jan. 21, 2018
San Francisco: Jan. 27 & 28, 2018
Students who are admitted to Puget Sound are notified of acceptance to the major and/or receipt of a scholarship in mid-March.
Percussion and Organ Auditions
Due to limitations of available equipment, we are unable to provide any percussion equipment or an organ in our regional audition locations. Both will be available on campus. If you are unable to audition on campus, please contact email@example.com and submit a video-recorded audition.
Please contact our music recruitment coordinator with any questions about application procedures.