Online Instrument Schedule
Puget Sound users can schedule all instruments at the Science Core Facility during normal business hours and after hours. However, researchers must be properly trained by the core technician before working independently with any of the laboratory instrumentation.
The Science Core Facility Technician is generally available 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday - Friday, or by appointment.
Puget Sound Users
Scheduling for instruments is done using the online calendar on a first-come, first-served basis.
To sign up or reserve an instrument:
- If you need to be trained, you must first send an email to the Science Core Facility Technician to arrange a day and time. Training usually takes 90 min for the SEM and Confocal.
- Click on the link below for the instrument you'd like to reserve.
- Log on information is the same username and password you use for your Puget Sound webmail. If you have trouble logging in, try using your full Puget Sound email address as the username.
- Hover your mouse over the date you'd like to reserve time for and click Add then enter your information in the booking window.
- Booking information must include the user's name, their faculty adviser, class or institution, and the requested start and end time.
Outside users must contact the Science Core Facility Technician for training and to schedule use of the instruments. For more information on available equipment see our Outside Users page.
Hitachi S3400N VP SEM
Nikon D-Eclipse C1 Confocal
Nikon Microphot FX
3D Biology The Mark Two
BioRad CFX96 Real-Time qPCR and GenePix Microarry Scanner
Plant Growth Chambers
Percival Chambers #1-4 in TH 315